HOW TO MAKE PIMENTO CHEESE?
- Start by mixing softened cream cheese, cheddar and mayo in a medium glass bowl.
- Add chopped pimento peppers, apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Use cheese spread right away on crackers, or cover and chill in fridge for 1 hour for even better flavor.
HOW LONG DOES PIMENTO CHEESE LAST?
If you keep this Pimento Cheese in an air-tight container in the fridge, it should last up to 2 weeks.
WHAT ARE PIMENTO PEPPERS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM?
Pimento peppers are small, red chili peppers. They are sweet and more flavorful than red bell peppers but very similar in taste. They are very mild and not spicy at all. You can most often find them in small jars, already chopped. Look for them next to roasted red peppers in jars, the same aisle you will find olives and such.
HOW TO USE PIMENTO CHEESE?
Besides spreading it on crackers (buttery round type, like Ritz), you can use Pimento Cheese to make sandwiches. It’s also perfect spread on a soft tortilla with a few slices of deli ham, rolled and sliced. You can also reduce the amount of mayo to make the mixture even thicker, scoop tablespoon size balls and roll them in herbs or chopped nuts and serve as an appetizer with pretzel sticks.
Southern Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe
This Pimento Cheese Spread is quick and easy to whip up. Simply stir together softened cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped pimentos. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar to taste. Serve with buttery round crackers or as mini sandwiches. Take it to the next level and make pimento grilled cheese sandwiches!
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and shredded cheddar cheese.
Add chopped pimentos, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Serve right away or cover and chill for one hour for even better flavor.
Each serving is a tablespoon of the cheese spread. This recipe makes about 20 tablespoons, a little more than a cup of cheese spread.